April 13, 2012

Recovery-Day 2

11:30am

My husband and I took turns between sleeping on a cot and sleeping on the floor last night. Not really Holiday Inn, but at least we were close to Ashlyn. I think she would have slept through the night except for the nurses checking on her, which made her wake up. My husband and I took turns consoling her.

She seems to be keeping down small amounts of fluids, but isn't interested in food yet. She was awake a few times this morning for about a half hour each time. Unfortunately her IV came out so she needs to get a new one placed. Boo! She still needs a few rounds of antibiotics, fluids, and pain meds through her IV otherwise she could just do without it.

Ashlyn is still uneasy sitting up and needs assistance to stay upright. We will focus on the standing and walking later.

A few steps forward, a few steps back. Little by little...

No comments: