January 11, 2013

Glasses for Strabismus

Ashlyn's eye continues to cross and the doctors are still unsure if it is related to Chiari or not.  The eye doctor thinks it is probably related, the neurosurgeon doesn't think it is a result of Chiari.  

The eye doctor has seen some improvement with Ashlyn's eye so she wanted to try glasses before doing surgery.  Ashlyn's vision is good but the glasses will help to align her eyes.  They are like really strong bifocal lenses so it might take Ashlyn a little while to adjust to them.  Either way, she looks super cute with her new glasses!


1 comment:

CG said...

I also have chiari and my eyes also cross. I am 2 years post op this month. It is funny that my eye doctor also thinks it is related to chiari but my neurosurgeon thinks it isn't. I have spoken to a number of people with chiari and they have heard similar. There are so many of us, I think it has to be related.