April 7, 2012

Overwhelmed

The flood of emotions are starting....

I was a teary mess yesterday and didn't know if I was coming or going.

I can't sleep.

I am an organizer and until the house is clean and we are packed, I will feel like there is still too much to do. I'm trying to still be fully present for the girls, but it is difficult as I am running around like a crazy woman.

The older girls are feeling the stress too and are already saying they don't want us to leave. That makes my heart sad, so I am trying to pay extra attention to them. We went to a bonfire with friends last night. It was nice to relax a little and watch the girls run and play.

The doctors are starting to call with appointment reminders. Thanks for the reminders. I don't think I can forget.

I am truly humbled by all the prayers and support. This brings me to tears (and I don't cry very easily).

I don't have an appetite (so I bought some donuts to help cure this).

I got to skype with my family back in Michigan and they got to see Ashlyn one last time before surgery. That makes me happy and sad.

My house is a glorious mess. I hate that.

The reality of Ashlyn's brain surgery is here. It is happening.

So, the randomness of this post is how I am feeling. All over the place.

That's all.


No comments: